Best of Anatolia - 12 days land only
|Package Validity||Set departures between 06 APR 2018 - 26 OCT 2018. Tour departs from Istanbul on a FRI.|
* Return airport/hotel transfers
* 8 nights hotel accommodation & 3 nights on-board a gulet as per itinerary
* Breakfast daily, 3 lunches & 8 dinners
* Touring by air-conditioned, non-smoking coach
* Assistance of an English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
* Entrance fees to places visited as per itinerary
*** Please Note ***
During the Gulet section of this tour :
1. The itinerary is subject to change without notification. The captain of the craft will decide the program at the time.
2. All cabins have double beds. Most people choose to sleep under the beautiful Mediterranean sky on mattresses on the deck, and only use their cabins as a wardrobe.
3. This cruise has an age limitation of 12 years old.
4. Towels, soap, shampoo and any other personal items need to be provided by the customer.
5. Electric devices may be charged on-deck and in some cabins.
6. Drinks are available for purchase on board, tea and coffee are included with breakfast.
This tour finishes with the gulet arriving into Fethiye Harbour at approximately 16:30 pm on the last day
Welcome to Istanbul! You will be transferred to your hotel and the remainder of the day is yours free to explore at your own pace. Overnight Istanbul
Istanbul Old City
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, the Aya Sofya, Topkapi Palace and the Hippodrome. Overnight Istanbul
After breakfast we drive towards the nation's capital, Ankara to visit Anitkabir, the Mausoleum of the famed Mustafa Ataturk before continuing on to the surreal landscape of Cappadocia.
Goreme, Underground City
Today we tour the Goreme open-air museum, Pasabag and Uchisar castle and Kaymakli underground city. Photo opportunities are everywhere so have your cameras ready! Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand what determines their value. Tonight, don't miss the optional Turkish folklore evening featuring folklore and belly dancers... a night you won't forget!
Leaving Cappadocia we head south along the ancient Silk Road just as the ancient traders did. Along the way we visit Sultanhani Caravansary, before stopping at Konya to tour the Mevlana Museum.
Visit the ruins of Hierapolis, the Temple of Apollo, Necropolis, and stroll over the magnificent white calcium terraces of Pamukkale. We then drive to Aphrodisias, home of the famous Temple of Aphrodite.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre. This afternoon we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before driving to Izmir.
After breakfast, you will drive towards to Marmaris and the remainder of day is free to explore.
We board the Gulet at Marmaris around 5pm. Relax with a welcome drink at the pre-cruise information session. Enjoy an onboard dinner while meeting the other passengers. Overnight in Marmaris harbour.
Overnight Marmaris Harbour.
After breakfast we cruise to Ekincik and the beautiful beach of Izturu, which is famous for the sea turtle called Carette. The ancient city of Caunos is closeby where you can take a boat trip up the Dalyan river, passing Lycian rock tombs on the way to the sulphurous mud baths and hot springs.
Overnight Ekincik Bay
Today we cruise to world-famous Oludeniz Bay where we will anchor for lunch & swimming break. The next stop will be Gemiler island - it is recommended to have an early evening walk to Church of St. Nicholas, which remains from Byzantium.
Overnight Kizil Ada