Aegean Delight - 8 days land only
|Package Validity||Set departure dates between 06 JAN 2018 - 10 MAR 2018 & 03 NOV 2018 - 01 DEC 2018 . Tour departs Istanbul on a SAT.|
- Return airport/hotel transfers in Istanbul
- 2 nights 4* hotel accommodation in Istanbul
- 1 night 4* hotel accommodation in Canakkale
- 2 nights 4* hotel accommodation Kusadasi
- 1 night 4* hotel accommodation in Pumukkale
- 1 night 4* hotel accommodation in Istanbul
- Breakfast daily & 4 dinners
- Guided sightseeing in Istanbul, Gallipoli, Troy, Ruins of Ephesus & Pergamum, Pamukkale terraces & Hierapolis
- Assistance of an English speaking tour guide
- Highlights include IstanbuL, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Basilica Underground Cistern & Topkapi Palace, the Gallipoli Peninsular & the Aegean Coast
** High season supplements starting from an additional R1600 per person apply for set travel dates between 17 MAR 2018 - 31 OCT 2018
Welcome to Istanbul! You will be transferred to your hotel and the remainder of the day is yours, free to explore.
Istanbul Old City
After breakfast, you enjoy a fully guided tour of the only city to span two continents, visiting the Blue Mosque, St Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace and the Hippodrome.
Cruise between two continents on the stretch of water that separates Europe from Asia in the afternoon with an optional 'Half day Bosphorous cruise'.
One of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey, today we visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, The Nek, Johnston's Jolly, original trenches and tunnels.
Troy, Acropolis of Pergamum
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse and then tour the magnificent acropolis of Pergamum. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamum a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey and at the carpet village we learn how the carpets are made by hand and what determines their value.
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst ancient columns, in the hot springs that were used in Roman times for their therapeutic powers.
Today you head back to Istanbul, passing through rural Turkey and ancient Bursa to visit the famous Green Mosque and explore the Silk Bazaar.